With all of the bad actors using Facebook to lure citizens into false relationships, false advertising, deep fakes, and their numerous privacy violations, we have decided to drive more awareness around these issues with this post and by NOT participating in a historically insecure and privacy disrespecting environment.
Facebook has seen a long list of privacy and security violations, to list a few:
- Nov 2022 – €265M by Irish DPA
- April 2021 – 533 million user’s data leaked
- July 2020 – WhatApp breached
- July 2019 – $5B by FTC
- June 2019 – WhatApp infects 25 Million Android devices with malware
- April 2019 – Facebook uploads 1.5 million users data without consent
- April 2019 – 540 million users data exposed on Amazon
- March 2019 – Improper phone number collection via 2FA since 2011
- 2019 – Continual lobbying against privacy regulations
- March 2018 – Cambridge Analytica accesses 50 million users data unlawfully
- 2017 – Evidence is exposed showing Facebook selling user’s data 2012-2014
- May 2011 – 100,000 apps are found to be leaking FB data
- August 2008 – Violates federal wiretap law
An individual’s privacy and the secure control of their information is of utmost importance and social media systems need to take better care of every user’s data. We are choosing not to contribute to the bad actors taking advantage of Facebook user’s and as such will be halting our posting to this platform.
If you are visiting our Facebook page, please be aware that, at this point, most of the followers of our site are not real people and they are most likely bots or bad actors. If you are a follower of our Facebook page we encourage you to UnFollow us.
To learn more about how ACSM can help support your data privacy needs, please use our website contact page https://www.americancsm.com/contact-us/ and schedule a free consultation call today.