Date: Tuesday, February 26, 2019
Presentation: 5:30-6:45 pm MT
Location: Remote – The URL and dial-in will be distributed the day before the meeting.
Join us for a fascinating behind the scenes look at how the online advertising world works and what compliance means for them. Our new format starts with a 15 minute update on privacy trends around the world and then we’ll dive into how ad tech works.
Janelle Hsia, the Director of Privacy & Compliance at ACSM will interview Michelle Beehler the Compliance Manager at Sovrn. Michelle will give us a behind the scenes look at how online advertising works and how to stay compliant with the challenging privacy demands.
We’ll start with some basics:
- Overview of the publisher (websites) and advertisers (McDonalds) relationship
- The data they really have on a ‘reader’ (you and me) and how this is bound to the real world
- Advanced Cookie analysis and how this digitally identifies you
Then we’ll talk privacy:
- How consent is collected from ‘readers’ in the EU, USA, and other global markets
- Transparency and Consent Framework (TCF) to help third-parties who work with first-parties for data driven services
- Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) self-regulatory program
You are welcome to join this group via MeetUp.com at https://www.americancsm.com/gdprmeetup
Presented by American Cyber Security Management (https://www.americancsm.com/). Remote Collaboration and Audio services provided by AK Collaborations (https://akcollaborations.com/). If you are interested in speaking or sponsoring one of our MeetUp’s, please contact email@example.com.
Details on GDPR specifics can be found on the EU’s official website: http://www.eugdpr.org/
*American Cyber Security Management (AmericanCSM.com) is focused on reducing your risk of data misuse. We do this through our Security, Privacy and DevOps offerings, delivered by seasoned experts.