Since January 1, 2020, businesses that deal with residents in California need to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). This was the first of the major changes to a State Privacy Law in the U.S. Since then other states have begun to follow suit (CPRA, CDPA, etc.). In this ever changing regulatory landscape it is important to know which laws apply to your business and the best ways to protect your data and meet the compliance requirements.
At American Cyber Security Management, we help businesses operationalize their privacy and security programs so that positive business benefits like those below are realized:
- Newly discovered and stronger security controls with their existing IT and security investments
- Compliance for regulation needs at lower costs
- Shorter Time-to-Market with new partners and vendors, and increased revenues
- Healthier and more streamlined business processes, reducing stress, effort and confusion
- Customer and partners experiencing overall increased levels of trust
The CCPA and CPRA have a 12-month “look–back” requirement that allows consumers to request their data records dating back a whole year from when the request is made. With this “look-back”, it is important for businesses to not only implement new capabilities but also apply the new processes to historical data.
We can help you with:
- Privacy Readiness Assessment to help you map requirements from CCPA to CPRA or any other state regulations.
- Privacy Assessment and Remediation Recommendations
- Data Mapping, Flow and Analysis Mapping for Relevant Data
- Updated Business Processes for a Holistic Privacy Program
- 3rd Party Vendor Management
Contact us today to schedule your free Privacy Discovery meeting. We literally wrote the book on CCPA/CPRA Implementation. https://www.americancsm.com/ccpa/
American Cyber Security Management is a leader in data privacy, cybersecurity, and secure DevOps. Our mission is to help enterprises protect their data from internal and external threats. We offer on-demand assessment, implementation, and sustainability services that focus on privacy readiness and compliance, risk reduction and mitigation, and application reliability, integrity, and security. https://www.americancsm.com