Do you know what makes a quality penetration test?
Important aspects to consider:
- Quality of the “report” or “deliverables” from the pen test!
- Clarity of ranking of findings (Critical, High, Med, etc.)
- Usefulness of the suggested remediation steps
- Accuracy of the scope
- Applicability to your compliance needs
- Speed of results (so you can secure it quickly)
- Expertise and experience of testing team
- Alignment with Pen Testing Execution Standard (PTES)
While pen tests are required by many regulatory and compliance guidelines, they are more importantly a real-world view of the security (or not) of your systems. In today’s world of increasingly sophisticated attacks, having a handle on your actual security posture is more important than ever!
Empower your team to quickly and more easily know how to secure any critical, high or medium findings using clear and direct remediation steps. Ensure your pen testing partner is giving you what you need to successfully secure and reduce your business risk.
You will be hearing more about Pen Testing through many channels in the coming months. Here are just a few:
- Our Blog at https://www.americancsm.com/news/
- GLBA with new requirements starting June 9, 2023.
- Pen Testing Execution Standard (PTES) at http://www.pentest-standard.org/
ACSM has been helping businesses protect their assets and improve their security and privacy posture since 2006. Our skilled team can help your business understand its cyber weaknesses and potential threats as well as improve your security, privacy, and compliance postures. Our services include penetration testing, maturity assessments, cyber security, and privacy implementation assistance, CISO-as-a-Service, and DPO-as-a-Service, to mention a few.
To learn more about how ACSM can help support your cyber defense needs, please use our contact page https://www.americancsm.com/contact-us/ and schedule a free consultation call today.